Rumours that Nordstrom is coming to Canada have been circulating for months and today, finally, the American retailer confirmed that they are indeed setting up shop across the country. The mid- to high-end range department store will be setting up shop in three of Sears’ former locations: Calgary’s Chinook Centre, Vancouver’s Pacific Centre and Ottawa’s Rideau Centre, and building a new store in Toronto’s Sherway Gardens Mall. As for when you can start shopping at Nordstrom, Calgary gets first dibs, with an estimated store opening of Fall 2014. Vancouver and Ottawa are next to follow in Spring 2015 and, sadly, Toronto will have to wait until Fall 2016. Nordstrom officials also said, via press release, that additional Canadian locations will be scouted and there’s potential for their outlet-ish Nordstrom Racks stores to open as well. So: now that Nordstrom is confirmed in Canada, who will be the next American retailer to make the move north?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue