The look book for the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M collection has been released, and we can already see the line congregating outside of stores on November 15 (only a month to go!).
In a unique twist to mass-brand collaboration, Maison Martin Margiela has opted to re-editon 104 its most classic women’s, men’s and footwear pieces from the past 23 years rather than create entirely new ones Bonus points: the item tags will include which season its design originated from.
In true Margiela style, the brand has its taken minimalistic menswear inspired shapes and made them appealing and flattering for a woman’s body. The outerwear is oversized, yet not too extreme to be deemed unflattering. And the Belgian designer has also taken the boyfriend jean to a new level, by styling it with the trompe l’oeil bra-bodysuit.
While the masses have to wait until November 15 to view the collection, we will be heading to New York on October 23 to join in the celebration line and to see the runway show. Coverage from this will undoubtedly tie you over until November comes, so keep your eyes peeled for updates!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look