Gravity Pope, a favourite of West Coast shoe addicts, has made its East Coast domination official: The brand will be setting up shop on Toronto’s Queen Street West (at Ossington Avenue) in early November.
The Toronto location will have over 4,000 square feet to display shoes, women’s and men’s wear, accessories and more. Gravity Pope gained a cult following because of the crazy range of shoes and clothing available. The store is accessible to a shoe fanatic searching for the last pairs from brands like Opening Ceremony or Marc by Marc Jacobs but also for someone searching for a more practical shoe whether it’s looking for a basic pair of Vans or a classic ballet flat by Bloch.
Gravity Pope’s staff is known for being equally as obsessed with fashion and shoes as most shoppers and help select brands (the Toronto location will carry over 100) that represent the company and fit into their mantra that, “creativity enlightens life.” And its move to the east is the biggest expansion to date with five current locations being in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver.
This is yet another talking point about the fact that fashion on the west coast is on the up and up, with Nordstrom opening their first store in Calgary and Quebec-based Simons is opening in Edmonton. How the west was fun!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look