The beautiful looks in “The Wearable Lightness of Being,” styled by fashion director Susie Sheffman in the May 2010 issue of FASHION, took our breath away when they first came across our desks. Many of the gorgeous items, while breathtaking, also come with hard-to-swallow price tags. Happily, the looks were paired up with democratically-priced neon anklets from J.Crew. Those same socks are on sale now at jcrew.com and, in addition to neon, also come in more muted shades, any of which will dress up sandals, pumps, clogs, oxfords and any manner of summer chaussures. At $15 for three pairs, they’re wearable for us beings with lighter wallets, indeed.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable