Despite the wintery weather that’s taken over Hog Town during the beginning of February, celebs have still sauntered in and out of the city.
Avril Lavigne and hubby Deryck Whibley were recently spotted arriving at Pearson International Airport, in their trademark rocker-chic threads. During the Spice Girls’ recent invasion of Spice City, (Toronto was aptly dubbed so through an online contest), Mel B was seen getting a piggy-back across Bloor Street, so as not to damage her lovely boots, and Posh Spice (a.k.a. Mrs. Beckham) hit town in a whirl of leopard–a leopard trench coat that is. Don’t be surprised to spot Adrien Brody in Toronto. The handsome actor is in Hamilton until the beginning of March filming with Sarah Polley. Adrien, it’s worth the drive to Toronto! Oh, and make sure to keep your eyes peeled, kittens, at the end of February, because Toronto movie mainstay and super hunk Mark Wahlberg will be back in town for the zillionth time to film another movie. Does he own property here yet? He should.
In other fabulous Cancon news, on April 6 (thankfully, only two months away), Calgary will be home to this year’s Juno Awards, hosted by the hilarious Russell Peters. The city is sure to get a celebrity-heavy treat with nominees such as Michael Bublé, Feist, Nelly Furtado, Timbaland, Celine Dion, Jully Black, Rihanna, Fergie, Hedley, Suzie McNeil and Rufus Wainwright, to name just a few. I’m hoping Canada’s biggest awards show makes it way back to Toronto very soon!
The Spice Girls. Photography by Chris Baldwin.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue