TIFF partysphere: Chloe Moretz, Selma Blair, and Elisha Cuthbert at the Calvin Klein Independent Filmmaker Project party
The vibe at the Thompson Hotel party was decidedly laid back, once you made your way past the throngs of stargazers crowding outside. It was decidedly fragrant as well, being sponsored by Calvin Klein Euphoria, an addictive scent laced with pomegranate and black orchid. The hotel’s rooftop patio was littered with the perfume’s pink bottles, alongside more than a few orange ones from Veuve Cliquot contributing to the overall sense of… euphoria. Guests lounged on the patio’s cabana sofas, nibbling on sliders and taking in the Thompson’s view of the Toronto skyline. Hosted by Joana Vicente, executive director of the Independent Filmmaker Project, the fete’s raison d’etre was the celebration of the strong female contribution to this year’s festival. Guest of honour was the enchanting Selma Blair, here to promote her film Dark Horse but forever beloved for her performance in Cruel Intentions. Elisha Cuthbert was there with her hockey-captain sweetheart Dion Phaneuf (Go Leafs!) as was stylish songstress Fefe Dobson. Fourteen-year-old up-and-coming It girl Chloe Moretz attended and was up way past her bedtime, as were we. Time to unwind with the Coco avant Chanel DVD that was in one of our swag bags.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue