A few nights this week, industry folk turned their attention from TIFF to the stage. The music stage that is. For the second year in a row, the Festival Music House set up shop at the Mod Club to host performances by young and up and coming Canadian musicians. This year, acts performing included K’NAAN, Sam Roberts Band, Rural Alberta Advantage, Lights, Hey Rosetta!, and the recently Rolling Stone-crowned it-band, The Sheepdogs. The music was loud, the crowd was high energy, and the drinks—like at any good party—were free. Other than the homegrown talent themselves, Geoffrey Rush and Tommie-Amber Pirie were the only celeb spottings throughout the three nights. Given stars like RPatz’s proclivities for dive music bars like the Horseshoe, we’re crossing our fingers for some megawattage next time around.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce