For young socialites and those of us interested in their seemingly magical lives, tomorrow is a big day in Paris: it’s le Bal des Debutantes at the Hotel de Crillon. The lavish event, unofficially known as the Crillon Ball, isn’t just about presenting eligible young ladies to society. (Er, whatever that means in the age of the Facebook, Twitter, and so on…) It’s also intended to showcase the work of haute couture and couture houses—by dressing the lucky teenage debutantes in stunning gowns.
So who will debut tomorrow at le Bal? Founder Ophélie Renouard is fond of making the event as international as possible, choosing girls from well-to-do families around the globe. Two Canadians, sisters Misha and Theresa Horne, will be at Le Bal in House of Worth, and Demi Moore and Bruce Willis’s daughter Tallulah will be wearing Lanvin. (Her sister Scout participated in 2008 in Christian Lacroix Haute Couture.)
But our eyes are on Sarah Margaret Qualley, daughter of Andie MacDowell. The 16-year-old walked the runway in New York for Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti’s Spring 2012 show, but she really wants to “move to Paris and be a dancer.” Tomorrow Qualley will be wearing Elie Saab Haute Couture, and if the above preview is any indication, she’ll likely stay in the spotlight long after she leaves the Hotel de Crillon.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot