Rihanna debuted a new tattoo on Twitter yesterday and it’s, well, interesting. In an apparent homage to 2Pac, she now has “Thug Life” across her knuckles in pale-pink ink. First thought: we’re really into her her pale-pink pointy nails! Second thought: the red lipstick she’s wearing is also pretty! (Can you tell we’re trying to distract ourselves from really taking in the fact that Rihanna—with her millions of dollars and many mansions—wants to play like she’s a thug?) Anyway, she’s not interested in what anyone else thinks, telling one fan who called her on it to “shut up” and then proclaiming she was “#overit.”
Whether you’re into her new tattoo or not, you’ll be seeing a lot more of it: it was just announced that Rihanna is co-hosting a yet-to-be-named reality TV show. The 10-episode series will follow her quest to find a top fashion designer (hmm… have we heard this one before?) and the winner will create an outfit that Rihanna will wear at London’s Wireless Festival. Perhaps potential contestants should start listening to 2Pac for some winning inspiration?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue