Downton Abbey recap: We cry our way through episode four with wounded lovers, more scandal, and the saddest wedding of all time
By Randi Bergman and Paige Dzenis
We appear to have travelled nine months into the future since the last episode (hello, Ethel’s baby!) and it’s not looking good. Matthew and William are both gravely injured at war and have returned to Downton to recover—but neither have a positive prognosis. Mary’s doing damage control, Bates is still battling his ex, and the Earl, as usual, spends the episode in uniform looking for something to do.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents