Anaïs Pouliot: Our cover shoot, interview, and behind the scenes video with the fresh Canadian model
Spring’s glistening skin and accentuated eyes pair with bold earrings for a lasting impression on our March cover star Anaïs Pouliot. Check out our stunning beauty shoot and read up on the brightest young homegrown thing.
On a freezing winter night, Anaïs Pouliot slips into a booth at the 24-hour diner in Toronto’s Thompson hotel. A sweet-faced 20-year-old francophone from a suburb north of Montreal, Pouliot’s almost spherical rosebud lips, freshly-poured-milk complexion and bright demeanour have made her a favourite of Stefano Pilati, Marc Jacobs and Jonathan Saunders. She sits perfectly upright and sips green tea, wearing a soft camel sweater from Club Monaco (“They have nice cashmere!”) and a sparkly headband. She has an 8 a.m. call time for her FASHION beauty shoot the next morning; she’s planning to get to bed by 10:30. She’s excited about this shoot for two reasons: Her mom regularly reads the magazine, and she loves all things makeup. “When it’s beauty shooting, I am the happiest girl,” she says.
It all began when, at 14, more into sports than fashion but already model-tall and -slender, Pouliot went with her parents to Folio agency in Montreal. She started to model part-time, moving to a school that could accommodate her hectic schedule. There, she was the only model among hockey, basketball and soccer pros-in-training, most of them boys. Unsurprisingly, she attracted a great deal of attention. “I knew that some people were talking to me because I was the model,” she says. “I can tell the difference.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party