Anaïs Pouliot: Our cover shoot, interview, and behind the scenes video with the fresh Canadian model
Spring’s glistening skin and accentuated eyes pair with bold earrings for a lasting impression on our March cover star Anaïs Pouliot. Check out our stunning beauty shoot and read up on the brightest young homegrown thing.
On a freezing winter night, Anaïs Pouliot slips into a booth at the 24-hour diner in Toronto’s Thompson hotel. A sweet-faced 20-year-old francophone from a suburb north of Montreal, Pouliot’s almost spherical rosebud lips, freshly-poured-milk complexion and bright demeanour have made her a favourite of Stefano Pilati, Marc Jacobs and Jonathan Saunders. She sits perfectly upright and sips green tea, wearing a soft camel sweater from Club Monaco (“They have nice cashmere!”) and a sparkly headband. She has an 8 a.m. call time for her FASHION beauty shoot the next morning; she’s planning to get to bed by 10:30. She’s excited about this shoot for two reasons: Her mom regularly reads the magazine, and she loves all things makeup. “When it’s beauty shooting, I am the happiest girl,” she says.
It all began when, at 14, more into sports than fashion but already model-tall and -slender, Pouliot went with her parents to Folio agency in Montreal. She started to model part-time, moving to a school that could accommodate her hectic schedule. There, she was the only model among hockey, basketball and soccer pros-in-training, most of them boys. Unsurprisingly, she attracted a great deal of attention. “I knew that some people were talking to me because I was the model,” she says. “I can tell the difference.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look