We’re celebrating National Sweater Day with 6 picks to don today (but before you check ‘em out, watch a granny tell you to!)
Today, the WWF is teaming up with grannies nationwide for National Sweater Day—a day to raise awareness about energy conservation. Led by spokesgranny Gladys, in her poinsettia-patterned knit, the campaign is meant to persuade the thermostat-inclined (guilty as charged) to don a sweater and turn down the heat. As Gladys says, grannies are “natural energy conservers” who put on a sweater when they get cold. And as we learn in the hilarious campaign video, you can sign up to receive a phone call from an on-staff granny who will nag gently remind you (as grannies do) to turn down the heat. We’ve picked our favourite knits to help you conserve energy for the day.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion