Downton Abbey recap: The Christmas Special teaches us to confess our true love, use Ouija boards, pick up new parents, and not to lock dogs in sheds
Best save: By making a point of parting pleasantly with Carlisle, Mary simultaneously saved her ass and actually made us feel a bit bad for him! Way to use your survival instincts, Mary.
Best Halloween Christmas prop: The holiday special enters ABC Family (or Backstreet Boys video) territory, when Thomas and O’Brien break out the Ouija board. While it exists throughout the episode to prove just how stupid Daisy is, the board finally makes its powers known at the end of the episode by spelling out “Let them be happy. With my love.” A final blessing from Lavinia? Some twisted Vera trick? William about Daisy and dad? Time for the Michael Jackson zombies!
Best self-actualization: Cousin Isobel’s been doing nothing but getting in everyone’s way for the past two seasons (did they really need her medical expertise at Bates’s trial?), but it seems that getting Matthew to finally come around to his feelings for Mary was her doing what she does best at after all! Bravo, Isobel!
Well, that’s it for another season of Downton Abbey. Until next time, tell us what you thought of the episode and you could win a DVD prize pack of season one and season two, courtesy of eOne Films. And try not to kill yourself, okay?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look