So many Kate firsts in one post! First number one: Kate wore M Missoni for the first time publicly. The largely British design–favouring Duchess appeared at London’s Fortnum & Mason alongside the Queen and Camilla. The three royals sipped some tea at the department store’s newly reopened restaurant, renamed The Diamond Jubilee Tea Station in honour of the Queen’s 60th anniversary on the throne. At first glance, the coat doesn’t even look like Missoni, but that’s the grace of Kate, n’est pas? Making each and every look her own?
And another first: Today’s outing marked the first time the three had been out publically together, and also the first time the Queen had been out publically with a daughter- or granddaughter-in-law. Such an outing was never taken with Diana. Oh, how times have changed.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion