Iris Apfel is exactly what we want to be when we get older. She’s inspired everything from a M.A.C collection to a pair of Jimmy Choo pumps to a tattoo on the body of Alexis Bittar PR Director Samantha Shaw‘s body. But don’t get the sassy granny wrong, she has more than fashion on her mind. The icon told Advanced Style‘s Ari Seth Cohen:
“I just would like people to know that I’m not some empty-headed fashionista who thinks about nothing but getting dressed. People ask me all the time, ‘What do you think about when you get up in the morning about planning an outfit?’ My God, if I did that, I would have to kill myself.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents