The only thing better than one Kate Middleton is four Kate Middletons! Madame Tussaud’s has created wax works to be unveiled in London, New York, Amsterdam and Blackpool. Each figure cost £150,000 and required four months of work from sculptors, colour artists and hair stylists.
Each replica has the Duchess in a different outfit, making the exhibits even more of a treat for fashion lovers. London has her in the blue Issa dress she wore for her engagement announcement. New York Kate is wearing the lilac Alexander McQueen gown she wore to the BAFTA gala. A Blackpool replica has the Duchess in the pink Jenny Packham gown she wore for her first royal appearance after the wedding. And Amsterdam Kate wears the black lace Temperley gown she wore to the War Horse premiere.
So many outfits and so many Kates! Word on the street is interest in the Will and Kate figures might even surpass interest in the Queen. Wouldn’t that be quite a scandal?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce