Girls Problem: Getting cut off by your folks and having to face the bummer that is “money concerns.”
Hannah’s been interning for a year at a publishing house and writing her memoir on the side. Her professor parents have been supporting her but are now cutting her off so they can sit by a lake someday. Forced to ask her boss for full-time employment, she unwittingly ends up getting fired and having to do that awful half-handshake/half-hug thing with her boss. Hannah laments her lack of special skills (like Photoshop or yoga) to her hook-up Adam. He doesn’t help, but he does get laid. Luckily, her friends are generous with their wise advice. Marnie reasons if Hannah asks for just a bit more money while she job searches, they’ll acquiesce. Jessa feels Hannah just needs to declare her artistic spirit and they’ll support her in the name of creativity. Hannah, high on opium tea, visits her parents’ hotel to show them a draft of her memoir in an effort to prove that their support is funding the voice of a generation (a.k.a. the artist route proposed by Jessa). Needless to say, it does not work.
Ten years from now: Hannah will look back at this struggle and realize she should’ve gotten a part-time job while she was interning like everyone else. She’ll also have some Photoshop skills and her own intern wherever she’s working so she doesn’t have to use them.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look