Quotable: Victoria Beckham’s childhood memories of riding in Rolls-Royces inspired the design of her Range Rover
This weekend in Beijing, Victoria Beckham revealed a very luxurious Range Rover that she helped design. While some of its features seem standard for a $128,000 vehicle—rose gold accents on the grill and a hand-finished matte paint job, no big deal—other elements were chosen because of a personal connection. The mohair floor mats, for instance, were inspired by Beckham’s childhood memories of sitting barefoot in her father’s Rolls-Royce. And, like any good designer, she made sure to check out a whole suite of high-end toys before getting started:
“When I first started working with the team I did a lot of research, and created mood boards to show the team my love of timeless and classic design. I looked at yachts, luxury jets and classic cars.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents