Last night, some of Toronto’s fanciest tastemakers headed to the east side’s hanger-cum-venue Airship 37 to partake in The Society’s equally fancy soiree: a pairing of fancy wines and fancy music. Dubbed The Urban Symphony, the event planning duo Ashleigh Dempster and Amanda Blakley combo’d fine wine from New Zealand brand The People’s Wine and fine music from the Toronto Symphony Orchestra’s violinists Peter Seminovs and Amanda Goodburn, viola Eric Nowlin, and cellist Igor Gefter. Bathed in purple light, the group, including designers Maryam Keyhani, Amanda Lew Kee and Kirk Pickersgill (Greta Constantine), as well as PR aficionados Lauren Wolff and Candice Best, enjoyed a Pinot Gris and Mozart blend followed by a Pinot Noir and Tchaikovsky. For those who thought music was best listened to with your ears, think again.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents