Kate Middleton is notorious for her High Street style (think: Topshop, Oasis and Zara dresses) but not everyone is a fan—especially shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood, who told The Daily Beast about his higher footwear hopes for the princess:
“It’d be great if she did wear [my] shoes … She just wears too much High Street stuff. I know she’s trying to be democratic, but I don’t know how many pairs of L.K. Bennett you can wear. She does occasionally come out and is wearing McQueen or something like that. It’s like, ‘Do that more! You’re meant to be a princess-y type of person, so act like one!’”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable