Last Mother’s Day, the FASHION team looked back into our own personal archives for some of our most beloved vintage photos of our mothers. This year, we decided to flip the spotlight onto some of our favourite industry folks and find out more about the women that shaped them.
Every day this week, we’ll be featuring a new mom. First up, the stylish creator of mega designer Rachel Roy:
“My mother is the most kind, gentle, unassuming woman I know. It’s from her that I learned the grace and beauty that comes from a quiet dignity.” — Rachel Roy, designer
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue