Last night, Will and Kate departed from their usual routine of charity events and public appearances to attend a meeting of the Thirty Club at Claridge’s Hotel―an exclusive group of media and advertising elites who have apparently been courting the prince for some time now. And, because there must be significance to everything the royals do, Will decided to finally be the guest of honour due to it being the year of his thirtieth birthday. However, as per usual, all eyes were on Kate, and here’s why:
1. That thigh-high slit, obviously! While there were no Angelina moments to be had, Kate’s cream-coloured Roland Mouret gown (from Fall 2009) shows that she’s been watching other red carpets for inspiration. It’s also the second time she’s worn Mourat―the first was when she boarded that plane en route to Canada.
2. Those shoes! Just last week Nicholas Kirkwood chirped Kate’s safe sense of style. These five-inch embellished Jimmy Choo heels (which she also wore to last year’s BAFTA Awards) certainly command attention.
3. No tights! The open-toed shoes and high slit meant this was the first time we’ve seen Kate’s legs sans sheer tights. Do you think she had to get special clearance from the Queen to go barelegged? Will we see more tights-less moments this summer? Fingers are crossed.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue