Kate does pastel-pink and Prada while having lunch with (no big deal) two dozen international kings and queens
There was quite the royal gathering today at Windsor Castle, with over two dozen of the world’s other kings and queens (plus a sultan, grand duke and emperor!) celebrating Queen Elizabeth‘s Diamond Jubilee. While the thought of making small talk with a room of very important strangers might make most of us weak in the knees, by all accounts Kate Middleton brought her usual charms to the lunch event. The duchess, wearing a pastel-pink knee-length pleated dress by Emilia Wickstead, chatted with everyone from the King of Bulgaria to Princess Charlene of Monaco. Her outfit also demanded the return of the infamous sheer tights—while bare legs may be okay on the polo fields, it’s clear that they do not fit the “lounge suit” dress code that was in effect. And because Kate is all about coordination, her low-heeled shoes and minaudière matched the outfit perfectly: both were pink satin and by Prada.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot