Girls Recap: Hannah heads home to Michigan to ditch her parents, date a pharmacist and blame everyone else for her boredom
Girls Problem: Hannah needs rent money or Marnie will freak.
Since she gave her job away because she didn’t want a breast massage every day, Hannah is now living out of a garbage bag. Don’t worry, that’s actually just her luggage! I found the garbage bag luggage unbelievable because I once witnessed someone trying to do that on a low-rent flight from Toronto to Vancouver and the airline wouldn’t let them. (There may also have been a dead chicken in the guy’s bag, but I am pretty sure it was the garbage bag that was the main issue.) Hannah’s parents are oblivious to her low-rent Anita Hill-ing against workplace harassment, so she has to lie and say work is fine and boring. I guess it’s hard to bring up that you need money when your dad is calling you his best friend. Despite textual harassment from Marnie, Hannah still can’t break down and tell her parents. Even at the end of her last night when her mom offers some monetary help Hannah can’t bring herself to break the pride spell her mother is under.
Ten Years From Now: Hannah doesn’t seem to aspire to be good with money so while she will be financially stable enough to pay her rent, we’re pretty sure she still won’t have the foresight to buy her parents a nice anniversary present.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party