Inside last night’s Rodarte party at the Bay: Toronto’s finest, freshly sunned partygoers oohing and aahing around the sisters Mulleavy
Last night, the sister duo behind one of fashion’s darling labels, Rodarte, descended upon Toronto for a fête in their honour at the Bay’s glittering designer den, The Room. As the finest champagne flowed, the city’s finest, freshly sunned partygoers crowded around Laura and Kate Mulleavy to get a look—albeit a look-but-don’t-touch. “You can’t just sidle up beside them and say, ‘I love you,’” one guest lamented. And isn’t it strange but true? The moment one of your idols is presented on a platter, the nerves tend to overcome. Such wasn’t the case, however, for Toronto’s version of the sister power duo, Chloé and Parris Gordon of Chloé Comme Parris, who got in there to articulate their crush. (I was afforded a private one-on-two with the designers earlier in the day, the gush-laden results of which are forthcoming).
Meanwhile, the duo effect raged on throughout the room, as Knot PR partners Tatiana Read and Amy Burstyn-Fritz donned matching orange pants and leopard-print heels and blogger Anita Clarke, B Insider’s Kate Corbett and our own Caitlin Agnew broke out matching shades of brighter-than-bright yellow.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion
- Braided updo: How to do a sweet summer style in just 5 easy steps
- Bonnaroo 2013: 28 photos of hippie fashion at its best
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary