Kate attends the Queen’s garden party in a dress she’s worn before but her fancy new hat makes all the difference
While Kate Middleton has been known to recycle outfits and accessories (which, in our opinion, is how all princesses should act—especially those of the self-proclaimed pop culture variety) we’ve never seen her wear the same dress at back-to-back royal events. But there’s a first time for everything, and that time was yesterday at the Queen‘s garden party at Buckingham Palace. Kate wore the pastel-pink pleated Emilia Wickstead dress we saw earlier in the month at the Sovereign’s luncheon but left her Prada shoes at home, opting instead for her favourite pair of taupe L.K.Bennett pumps. Also notable? That hat! If there was ever a reason to want an invite to a royal garden party, Kate’s straw and lace hat by Jane Corbett is it.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce