Mad Men Recap: Making light of the fact that something TERRIBLE happened (and Sally got her period…)
When Chad Covington chats with Don at the barber and makes a point of saying how impressed Jaguar was with Pete Campbell, what he’s really saying is…
“Watch he doesn’t get poached from your ‘little agency.’”
When the fellow from the American Association of Advertising Agencies praises Lane for keeping SCDP afloat, what he’s really thinking is…
“Will I get a chequebook?”
When Don says to the rest of the partners about voting on Jaguar’s fee structure: “Should I leave so you all can do whatever you want?” What he’s really saying is…
“I haven’t forgotten about how you guys left me out last week and I am going to keep bringing it up in a passive-aggressive fashion until I find something new to be pissy about.”
When we see Betty in her ski sweater, what we’re really thinking is…
She must have lost weight because she’s actually managing to look slimmer in the world’s chubbiest sweater.
When Betty says to Don about Sally wanting to stay in the city rather than go skiing: “She can sleep with the doorman for all I care.” What we’re really thinking is…
Be careful what you wish for, Betty.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions