There’s no time to rest when you’re a duchess: after a week of jubilee engagements, Kate had only a few days of downtime before stepping back into the sartorial spotlight. On Saturday, the royal trio—that would be Kate, Prince William and Harry—attended the wedding of Emily McCorquodale and James Hutt. The bride, who’s the daughter of Princess Diana‘s oldest sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, spent many childhood holidays with Will and Harry, vacationing with their mums on Richard Branson‘s private island. (Pshaw, no big deal.)
Anyway, back to Kate! In a lovely coincidence, she wore one of the dresses we had chosen for her to recycle during the jubilee: the silk-painted Jenny Packham she previously wore to a polo match while in California last year. On top was a custom Katherine Hooker Buxton coat, another piece we’ve seen before: Kate wore it almost a year ago, at the Order of the Garter ceremony. And finally, the hat was also a repeat, worn at last year’s Epsom Derby. With more royal events to come this week, will Kate continue the recycling trend? We’ll (obviously!) keep you posted.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents