We would want to hang out with best friends Katy Perry and Rihanna for quite a few reasons: both are talented, fun and last but not least, insanely stylish right down to their always eye-catching manicures.
So it’s no surprise that the two pop stars have the same person to thank for their standout nails: L.A.-based nail artist Kimmie Kyees. Kyees, who first worked with Rihanna on her “Umbrella” video in 2007, told People magazine that the Bajan bombshell has steadily evolved her style in every respect, becoming the trendsetter she is today. And this includes the narrow, square-shaped talons she’s been sporting as of late—she’s ditched the very-pointy shape she favoured for so long. Of course, Rihanna’s love for length does prompt questions about practicality, to which Kyees has the answer:
“She loves her long nails. She does the iPhone test — if she can still type then [they're] OK.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce