Tyra Banks’ latest venture in her crusade of female empowerment is just nearing completion. The name is a bit questionable (the Tyra Banks TZONE at the Lower East Side Girls Club… and breathe), but Banks hopes the leadership centre, which is almost done construction, will become a consistent hangout for local girls. She even plans on doing her work in the space to set an example.
“What I don’t want to be is Tyra, the ‘celebrity girl,’ coming here and the girls being excited when they see me. I want them to be numb to me. I can do normal work here and they can see me, to know that this is what a business is. It’s not about living on a red carpet. I am a businesswoman who goes to work every single day.”
Whether or not the girls learn from Tyra’s work ethic (though we’re sure they will), we’d be there every day for the amenities themselves: a studio space, a bakery, a wellness centre and a planetarium? Sign us up.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue