True Blood Recap: We’re taking wardrobe cues from Pam’s madame flashback, the authority’s hot new staff members and mama werewolf
- Bill, Eric and Nora get deposited to Authority HQ where they meet Salome, who looks like she was plucked from a Pedro Almodóvar film and is all business in a plum blouse and merlot pencil skirt.
- They check in at reception, but this is no hotel; they’re getting put away in metal cages, joining fellow prisoner creepy Nigel, who is locked up for being a vamp nurse who ate newborns. Eww.
- Bill and Eric get interrogated over the intercom, but when Bill lies to save Nora they all get zapped with UV rays you’d need SPF 1,000,000 to be safe from.
- Next are the interrogations: Dieter grills Bill using a silver IV drip for torture. He wants to know more about Nora helping them escape, and he’s got a vampire bible with him so they talk about Lilith—not the ’90s ladies music fair (RIP), but the OG vamp god created before Adam and Eve, who were just meant to be food for Lil and her kids to munch on.
- Dieter wants to know the deets on whether Bill is a fundamentalist who believes humans should be farmed, because Dieter thinks Nora is and that’s why she went against the mainstreaming Authority.
- After torturing Bill and failing to get a confession, he lies about Eric selling Bill out. Bill is loyal to his broseph and keeps to the story.
- The Authority is smart and has the hot chick, Salome, interrogate Eric in a slinky silk dress. He keeps his usual Eric cool under fire, but swallows hard when she tells him that Nora met the true death. When she does the same fake out and says Bill is free, Eric keeps to the story as well. (These guys have really got each other’s backs now that they’re not fighting over Sookie. They’re like Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.)
Salome’s guide to what to wear to an interrogation
Keep the hemline all business, but cleavage all pleasure. Her clingy, olive silk dress, like this one from Roland Mouret ($1,100, net-a-porter.com), probably would work on Eric if he weren’t so preoccupied with Nora and his Bill bromance.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look