A Spice Girls musical is coming! We take you back to their heyday with the 10 most fashionable Spice Girls moments
By Paige Dzenis and Randi Bergman
Today something magical happened: the Spice Girls reunited to announce plans for an upcoming musical and girls everywhere were instantly sent back in time to 1997. Sadly, Victoria Beckham, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Geri Halliwell will not be performing on stage—the musical, called Viva Forever!, will take inspiration from their songs in a Mamma Mia-esque manner and explore the “bitter realities of fame” through the story of a girl on a reality TV contest. Despite claiming that it will not be a tribute show, we can pretty much guarantee than anyone who did a grade school lip synch to “Stop (Right Now)” will be buying tickets (and a flight to London) come December.
Oh, and if you were too excited to notice: the Spice Girls made the announcement on the steps where “Wannabe” was filmed. (!!!) There’s no halting this ’90s rabbit hole we’ve all fallen into, so let’s continue: here are our top 10 most fashionable Spice Girls moments.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents