Olivia Wilde and Alternative Apparel team up on an awesome new charity bag, proceeds of which will help promote education in Haiti
Olivia Wilde’s latest activist endeavor has the actress teaming up with her friend Barbara Burchfield and Alternative Apparel to create the “Message Bag,” a unisex, convertible backpack/cross-body style. Partial proceeds from the sales of the $148 bag, which is available on ShopBop.com, will go to the Academy of Peace and Justice, a secondary school in Haiti. The military-inspired bag features chocolate brown pebbled leather detailing, antique brass hardware and army canvas.
The Academy of Peace and Justice is funded by the similarly named charity Artists for Peace and Justice, where Wilde sits as the co-executive director. Gerard Butler, Ben Stiller and founder Paul Haggis are also part of the board of directors. The charity’s primary goal is to promote education in the poorest areas of Haiti by building schools and providing food, water and medical treatment to the children living there.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?