All girls (and some boys) growing up in the ‘90s will unabashedly admit that back in the day, we lived and breathed the Spice Girls. We knew all their songs, we learned how to pull off a questionable but convincing British accent and we definitely coveted every single one of their outfits. So news that we might be able to get our hands on Scary’s original leopard-print catsuit or Sporty’s many tracksuits in a charity auction gala has us way too excited. Proceeds from the auctioned off items, which will be sold at a gala event later this year, will go to Save the Children and Children in Need.
“I can’t wait for [my daughter] Harper to grow up a little so she can have some,” Victoria Beckham said (lucky Harper). “But the rest I’d like to put up for charity, I think it would be a fantastic thing to do.” One thing the now-designer is more than happy to put in the past are those tacky-but-amazing wedge sneakers. “She hated them — she wouldn’t wear them,” Geri Halliwell said. Somehow, we’re not surprised.
First there was news of Viva Forever, a new musical based off of the Spice Girls’ hits, and now this? It’s like that famous Carrie scene in Vogue’s fictional closet, when she squeals: “I’m sorry, but it’s just too good! It’s too much… how could this be?!”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue