Calgary Stampede To-Do: Pancake breakfast fashion shows, Kate Middleton–approved wears, a Carly Rae Jepsen concert and other ways to say “yee-haw!” to the Stampede’s centennial celebrations
If you’ve already picked up your classic Alberta Boot Company cowboy boots—Kate wore a custom pair during the parade last year—you might be set for traditional Stampede garb. (Unless you’ve managed to get your hands on a special edition Paul Hardy hat, in which case you’re a maple flag celebrity.) But for something a little more fashion-forward, head to Stephen Avenue on your noon-hour lunch break to catch the CORE Shopping Centre’s contemporary Stampede-inspired fashion show.
July 4, 12 p.m.–1 p.m.
Stephen Avenue, SW, Calgary
Ye Olde Faithful Parade
This year’s parade marshal, famed Canadian country musician Ian Tyson, is sure to make this milestone event a memorable one. We’ll be watching from the swanky and sophisticated Crystal Ballroom Corral at the Fairmont Palliser, après-pancake breakfast, of course, but as one of the oldest and largest traditions at the Stampede, this friendly 4.5 km parade stretch is a healthy way to kick off the festivities.
July 6, 9 a.m.–11 a.m.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents