Celebrity jewels and clothing have become quite the draw at auctions, with dresses and jewels that once belonged to the rich and famous easily fetching millions. Just last week, two hats worn by Kate Middleton hit the auction block, raising more than $11,000 for charity. Daphne Guinness also auctioned off some of her prized fashion pieces in the name of charity, as did Elizabeth Taylor, whose collection of clothing and jewels garnered a record breaking $157 million. The Taylor auction also attracted several celebrity bids—Kim Kardashian purchased three of Liz’s Lorraine Schwartz diamond and jade bangles for $64,000, and Coco Rocha surprised herself when she walked away with Taylor’s yellow and pink Givenchy jumpsuit that she wore to the Met gala this year. We’ve rounded up 10 celebrity fashion picks that fetched a pretty penny at auction, and we think the piece that went for the biggest bank might surprise you.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable
- What to wear to a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions