Take a look back at 50 seriously stylish years of The Rolling Stones (plus, enter to win your own copy of their new book!)
It’s hard to believe The Rolling Stones are celebrating 50 years together today (or maybe not so hard if you’ve ever gotten a close-up of Mick’s face), but the original rock style gods are indeed ringing the milestone in. You’re welcome, Hedi Slimane/Johnny Depp/Julian Casablancas/Pete Doherty/…Britney Spears?
Starting with the band’s first jaunt on stage at London’s Marquee Club on July 12, 1962, the Stones have been through five decades of riotous partying, hair-raising performances, illustrious relationships and above all else, some of the most amazing singles modern music history’s ever known. To celebrate the Stones’ birthday, music journalist Hanspeter Kuenzeler has teamed up with The eBook People to put together the two-part 50 Years: The Rolling Stones – Views From the Inside, Views From the Outside, a 2000+ page collection of the best journalistic material spanning the band’s half-century-long run. The book will touch on everything from Mick Jagger’s famously stylish marriage in St. Tropez to Bianca Jagger to the various members’ many struggles with drugs (including Brian Jones’ death and Keith Richards’ infamous arrest for possession of heroin in Toronto).
Read on to see some of the most pivotal moments in The Rolling Stones’ history and enter for your chance to win a copy of the ebook by telling us the name of your favourite Stones song over Twitter (tweet us @FashionCanada). We’ll be crowning a winner on Monday.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party