Finally, a reality show we’re actually excited for! Reps for Andrej Pejic, the world’s most famous androgynous, gender-bending model (and our February cover star), have finally confirmed the blonde stunner’s forthcoming reality show, which will trail Pejic for weeks as he performs normal model duties.
In an email to Fashionista, DNA Models (Pejic’s New York management) wrote: “It’s still in the early stages, but yes, there is a show being developed around Andrej,” confirming year-long rumours that were first sparked by a tweet from Pejic himself.
Also appearing in the show is Jadranka Savic, Pejic’s always-supportive mom, who told Australian media last year that Pejic was “the most beautiful girl I’ll ever see in a wedding dress” after he closed the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2011 haute couture show as a bride. “It was always that I wanted to be pretty, to look beautiful, as a girl would want to,” he told NY Magazine, adding that he’s always focused on simply being himself rather than playing into gender identity.
Groundbreaking gender-bending aside, we think Pejic will be incredible reality show fodder: this is the person who staged a fake pregnancy at an airport just to mess with reporters, after all.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue