30 photos of Toronto’s finest bachelors and bachelorettes from Shinan Govani’s annual Worthy 30 party
Toronto’s party circuit came full circle last night with a toast to the 60 lads and ladies who made this year’s Worthy 30. The list, curated by society scribe Shinan Govani, is part who’s-who of the city (there are also Worthy 30 lists for Montreal and Vancouver) and part singles directory, with the clause that anyone nominated cannot be married, engaged or living with a significant other. Meaning: after a few rounds of sponsored Grey Goose cocktails, the mingling almost veered into matchmaking. As for the Worthy in attendance, the men, including Simon Wilkinson, proved that cut-off shorts can look just as stylish as a three-piece suit. (Though respect to Braden Rosner for braving all those layers in the extreme heat!) Lacy details, on the other hand, proved popular with the Worthy women, with Jen Kirch, Courtne Smith, Lauren O’Nizzle and our own online editor Randi Bergman all wearing items with cut-out details. Hopeful jokes were made that perhaps Chloë Grace Moretz or Jake Gyllenhaal would make an appearance, given that both made it onto the “Side Dish” section of the list and are currently filming separate projects in Toronto. Alas, unless they were hiding inside one of the oversized Dedon nest-shaped loungers, we didn’t see them.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable