Our favourite royal was out and about this morning, visiting the National Portrait Gallery for the opening of an Olympic-themed photography exhibit. (A perfect event, considering that Kate’s both a patron of the gallery and an Olympic ambassador.) The pieces included commissioned photographs of Britain’s athletes getting ready for this summer’s games, a picture of Kate herself with the GB field hockey team and perhaps best of all, a photo of David Beckham sleeping topless. Proving that she does indeed let the occasion at hand determine her style, Kate was wearing a shift dress by Stella McCartney in a shade of blue that looks like it was plucked right off McCartney’s Team GB uniforms. But that wasn’t her only Olympic nod: Kate’s statement necklace—a Cartier Trinity necklace from her own wardrobe—was apparently worn thanks to its similarity with the Olympic rings. Oh, what other sartorial goodies will Kate bring out while attending the games in the coming weeks? We’ll keep you posted.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce