M.A.C Viva Glam Fashion Cares is one of Toronto’s hottest annual tickets, so it comes as no surprise that the fundraiser gala’s roster for this year’s event does not disappoint. From longtime HIV/AIDS activist Elton John (whose partner David Furnish co-chairs the event with Michael King) to new faces like Sky Ferreira (who we spoke with last month) and Janelle Monáe, the routinely sold-out gala is shaping up to be the go-to event of the fall.
Not only will there be enough musical talent on hand to easily keep you distracted all night (think everyone from Scissor Sisters to homegrown talent like Kreesha Turner), but in true Fashion Cares style, there will be an abundance of amazing fashion as well. Dean and Dan Caten of DSQUARED2, who are teaming up with legendary supermodel Linda Evangelista for hosting duties, are sending their designs down the runway at the gala, alongside looks from Vivienne Westwood, Elie Saab, Pink Tartan and more. On that style note, it’s worth mentioning that some of Elton John’s most memorable, famously flamboyant costumes will be on display as well as a quarter century retrospective highlighting the event’s most glamorous looks.
Ticket prices aren’t cheap ($500–$1,500), but given the fact that at least 70 per cent of the profits from ticket sales go directly to programs supporting those living with HIV/AIDS, it’s an infinitely more worthwhile, yet still fashionable way of dropping cash than a shopping spree.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue