Booyah! Kate Middleton wears Christopher Kane for the first time (as predicted!) at an Olympic reception at Buckingham Palace
Well, we can check one prediction off our lists. We guessed that the Olympics would be time for Kate Middleton to finally break out the Christopher Kane, and it looks like she’s done it! At a reception at Buckingham Palace earlier today, Kate donned a custom Kane coatdress to greet foreign leaders and diplomats (Michelle Obama included). While at first glance it doesn’t look like a typical page out of Kane’s book, the colour is right in line with the minty fresh wears he’s made for both spring and resort. Her clutch was relatively tried and true: a beige Alexander McQueen clutch in hand (come to think of it, how does she shake all those hands?). As for that glass of champers? Looks like you can cross those pregnancy rumours off your list, for now at least.
UPDATE: Kate wears the same get-up to the Opening Ceremonies. Way to go Kane!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Want to show off your nail art skills? Have we got a contest for you!
- News your wallet can use: Club Monaco announces an upcoming shoe collection
- Taylor Swift vs. Demi Lovato: Who wore the minidress best at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Shay Mitchell vs. Lucy Hale: Which Pretty Little Liars star was best dressed at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Kate Middleton wears pink Alexander McQueen for her last appearance before going on maternity leave