In your daily dose of Karl Lagerfeld news, the eclectic designer apparently has another job on top of his many other ones (father to Choupette, Chanel designer, Snoop Dogg music video star, etc). During his off time, Lagerfeld sometimes likes to pretend to be a street statue.
Musician Alison Mosshart from The Kills told Vogue that she once spotted Kaiser Karl in Paris posing perfectly still, even as people clamored in front of him to take a picture:
“One time, I was at Café de Flore in Paris and he was sitting outside on a bench on the pavement almost like a statue — it was the most amazing thing,” she said. “People kept walking by, sitting down next to him and having their photos taken and then they’d get up and walk away. He didn’t say a word.”
With all of his many projects, we don’t even know how Lagerfeld has time to fine-tune his skills as a statue, but like most things he endeavors to do, it seems like he’s already a natural.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion