Looks like Team Canada will be keeping it pretty cool and casual at tonight’s (today’s in time warp terms?) opening ceremonies in London. The Bay has just released a sketch of the official uniforms which features red and white colour blocked “Canada” zipped sweater over white button downs—the women’s, with traditional plaid on the placket, and the men’s with plaid ties—as well as tailored khakis and Converse-like kicks. The looks seem straight out of the Bay’s retail Olympics collection, so if you dig ‘em, you best head to the mall and pick something up while they’re hot, or enter our one-day-only contest to win!
“We want our athletes to walk in the parade wearing a stand-out piece that reflects the Canadian spirit and who we are as a nation,” said the Bay’s SVP and fashion director, Suzanne Timmins, via press release. “The Canada Parade Jacket was a natural choice and it captures Canada’s love for the outdoors. It is also practical and versatile—two characteristics we wanted to highlight when designing the look.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce