The Weekend To-Do: Toronto gets a pop-up shop brunch, new music from Edmonton makes us swoon and don’t forget about the Olympics, of course!
Our second favourite Opening Ceremony takes place this afternoon followed by two weeks of mind-blowing athleticism. Beyond the actual sports, there’s the sporty designer fashions—Stella McCartney, Ralph Lauren, Giorgio Armani and, of course, the Hudson’s Bay Company.
Purity Ring, Shrines
After making waves online with their song “Ungirthed” last year, Purity Ring quickly become darlings of Pitchfork, opening for Neon Indian’s North American tour and performing at SXSW. Hailing from Edmonton, the duo (Megan James and Corin Roddick) has just released a new album and it’s every bit as dreamy as we could have hoped.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents