Kate Middleton attends her first Olympic sporting event in the Smythe blazer she famously wore to Canada last year
Kate Middleton stepped out for her first official sporting event of the London 2012 games to support her cousin-in-law and Olympian Zara Philips at the equestrian event held at Greenwich Park earlier today. As we saw last Thursday when she welcomed the Olympic torch to Buckingham Palace, she’s wearing an Adidas Team Great Britain polo, but this time she’s pairing it with the oh-so-familiar Smythe blazer that she wore while boarding the plane to Ottawa last summer (props to our homegirls!). Kate’s wearing a green London 2012 pin on her lapel (get ‘em while they’re hot!), with Givenchy sunnies in hand (looks like she’s nabbed a pair of her own since Pippa loaned her a pair during Wimbledon!). She’s wearing a relatively new pair of Stuart Weitzman cork wedges, seen at the torch lighting as well.
Kate’s outfit is nothing short of appropriate, and while we’re fairly certain that she held back so as to not outshine Zara’s elegant riding outfit and stellar performance, we hope to see more in the Kane vein in the coming weeks (we predicted all of these!).
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Want to show off your nail art skills? Have we got a contest for you!
- News your wallet can use: Club Monaco announces an upcoming shoe collection
- Taylor Swift vs. Demi Lovato: Who wore the minidress best at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Shay Mitchell vs. Lucy Hale: Which Pretty Little Liars star was best dressed at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Kate Middleton wears pink Alexander McQueen for her last appearance before going on maternity leave