Kate Middleton recycles yesterday’s outfit to cheer on Zara Phillips’ silver medal on the equestrian course today
No, that’s not a double take: Kate is indeed wearing the exact same outfit as yesterday, but with a different top underneath her Smythe blazer. Quelle recycle! Yesterday we wondered, and now we’re fairly certain that Kate’s getup is intentionally laid-back so as to not to detract attention from Zara Phillips‘ silver medal run on the equestrian course today (way to go!). Given how intricately detailed the course is, we’d say that in and of itself was a gussied up distraction complete with a miniature model of Buckingham Palace, a crescent moon and a special hedge celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee!
And now for the outfit rundown, shall we? As well as the Smythe blazer, Kate’s wearing her good ole J Brand skinny jeans, Stuart Weitzman cork wedges, a striped sweater tank and a gold Team Great Britain pin on her lapel. Now that Phillips has grasped her medal, we’d be more than okay with Kate showing off some new getups. Right?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents