Pippa Middleton’s debut as maid of honour to big sister Kate may have scored her legions of fans across the world (and a Facebook page entirely devoted to her rear view), but one particularly vocal person is not one of them. If a recent The Sun article is to be believed, Karl Lagerfeld thinks Pippa is a butterface—in other words, he thinks she should keep her face under wraps and stick to only showing her rear.
Though The Sun didn’t specify the context or who Lagerfeld spoke with, he apparently had high praise for Kate:
“Kate Middleton has a nice silhouette and she is the right girl for that boy. I like that kind of woman, I like romantic beauties. On the other hand, her sister struggles. I don’t like the sister’s face. She should only show her back.”
After the whole Adele debacle (if you need a refresher, he called the Grammy-winning singer “a little too fat” last February) you’d think Kaiser Karl would have tried to curb his appearance-bashing tendencies. Hopefully Lagerfeld’s most recent comments were simply taken harshly out of context, because if even Pippa doesn’t live up to his high standards, we can only imagine what he thinks about 99 per cent of the rest of the population.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue