Osheaga Style Snaps: 45 photos of cut-off clad festivalgoers (and Florence Welch!) braving the heat in Montreal this weekend
It’s no small feat to stay stylish and festival-ready when Mother Nature decides to cram lightning, torrential rain and paralyzing heat into the space of three short days, but as a whole, Osheaga’s festivalgoers managed to take the unpredictable weather this past weekend fashionably in stride.
Though typical festival garb showed up in full force (think flower crowns, ratty shorts and boho fringe), there was a decidedly more feminine and ‘50s-inspired sartorial lean. From a mint gingham halter dress to a bralette-and-circle-skirt combo, Osheaga’s female attendees somehow managed to strike a Betty-Draper-meets-Pocahontas golden mean, adding in unexpected elements to their femme pieces like an oversized pewter shark tooth or Montauk moccasins.
The guys also stepped up their style game: neon wayfarer-style sunnies, worn-down but stylish loafers and skinny-cut, patterned shorts were on hand aplenty. Many of the male festivalgoers seemed to have had the Olympics on the brain as well, because the Bay’s red and white “Canada” emblazoned Team Canada tanks were on many a stylish male attendee.
And of course, when the sky decided to dump a steady five hours worth of rain on festivalgoers Sunday afternoon, everyone reached for the ever-stylish and always practical plastic poncho. Next year, we’ll take style cues from the attendees who had the foresight to opt for clear ponchos: they allow for outfit viewing and still ward off the rain.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue