September issues are always a big deal, and Vogue has quite the cover contender: Lady Gaga. The pop star excitedly took to Twitter last night to share the first peek at the cover, posting to her Little Monsters page: “SHH DONT TELL TWITTER/ SEPT ISSUE OF VOGUE MAGAZINE/ Sorry Anna but the underground kids deserve it. bisous! […].”
In one word, the cover itself is stunning. Gaga strikes a glamorous, discretely drag-inspired pose (she even tweeted: “Who else sees me channeling @RuPaul on the COVER of VOGUE […],”) in a dramatic, fuchsia mermaid-cut Marc Jacobs gown. True to Gaga form, the Mother Monster made sure to flash some skin between the glossy’s covers: in a story photo, she’s naked save for a shockingly pink Steven Jones hat.
And thanks to Gaga’s social media prowess, the Mert & Marcus-shot images have now made the rounds to Gaga’s 28-million-plus Twitter followers, along with countless other media outlets. We can only wonder: will she soon share a sneak preview sniff of her soon-to-debut perfume?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents